Join us at the Ravensbourne campus on Saturday, October 27th from 9am to 7pm for our Scareathon – a Halloween-flavoured hackathon extravaganza and part of the Transmedia Fest 2012 and the London Games Festival.
We’re inviting hackers, code-warriors, designers and tech enthusiasts of all sorts to come and help bring to life the scariest digital creation they can think up.
The most successful fright-inducing project, determined by a secret guest-judge, will win VIP tickets to the 2013 Digital Shoreditch Festival, plus will be prominently featured on MSN UK’s website. With 17 million unique visitors a month, that’s a chance you don’t want to miss.
Some ideas could include:
- Make a horrifyingly gory app/minisite to “zombify” your pictures
- Use a Kinect to design a super-creepy interactive “paranormal” website
- Build a reactive “scare-bot” using an Arduino controller
- Raise goose bumps by creating chilling interactive soundscape using strategically placed piezo microphones and sensors
- …or anything else you can think of!
For the devilishly reasonable price of £6.66, we’ll supply the pizza and refreshments, but the rest is up to you. Fancy dress is definitely encouraged!
The awards will take place during London Transmedia Fest’s closing party on Saturday evening, which will also be a great opportunity to network and meet other people at the Festival.
Space is limited – sign up below.
Big thanks to our media partners: