Saturday 26th-27th May
Got a not-quite-built prototype or idea you know could set the mobile world alight if you could just get the funding to tweak, test and deliver into the hands of consumers? Love playing with HTML 5 or Android? Want to show Google what you can do with the Google+ Hangout API? Want to play with and get in front of one of Britain’s best loved brands?
Cadbury are the official treat provider to London 2012. The weekend hackathon is to create an interesting mobile experience that can be shared as a digital treat during the London 2012 Games.
You have the weekend to work on a mobile hack, app, game, mobile site, AR or API mash-up that brings people closer to the London 2012 Games even if dont have a ticket.
It doesn’t have to be the finished thing, as long as its something that shows potential, there will be plenty of support to turn it into a polished, end-user-ready app.
- Overall Best Mobile Experience : £10,000 prize + A ton of help to get your app 300% consumer ready and if all goes well, promote it to Cadbury’s millions of fans during the 2012 London Games.
- Best Use of Location : £500 and Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Best Use of HTML5 : £500 and Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Best App : £500 and Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Best API Mash-Up : £500 and Samsung Galaxy Note.
- And lots of other cools stuff !
With 5 million Facebook fans, 1 million Google+ fans and massive digital engagement, Cadbury is looking for smart developers to take mobile experiences to new heights!
We want to collaborate with you to create the most mind blowing experiences out there. And everything you do is yours, we just want to help you achieve your international success!
We kicks off at 10am on Saturday 26th at Google Campus in London and runs through to downing tools at 2pm on the Sunday. Presentation and judging will follow straight after.
During the weekend engineers from Google, Foursquare and Twitter will be on hand. As will be lots of lovely people, food, drinks and chocolates.
Book your place here : http://hack-ds2012.eventbrite.com